Huge line up of action sports stars direct from sold out show in Las Vegas
The action sports touring sensation, Nitro Circus Live (NCL), will return to Australian capital cities in May and June 2012 following record breaking tours throughout Australia and New Zealand as well as a sold out show at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
The biggest action sports stars in the world will join the famous Nitro crew to unleash their mind blowing stunts and crazy antics on a five stop tour of Australia, before they head off to Europe for their first ever tour there.
Heading up one of the most prestigious lineup of FMX riders ever assembled down under is the Swiss master, Mat Rebeaud, in his first ever tour of Australia and the current X Games gold medalist in FMX, Nate Adams (USA). They will be joined by 2011 X Games finalist Taka Higashino (JAP) in his first Nitro Circus Live tour as well as Aussie favourites; 2009 X Games Gold medalist in FMX, Blake ‘Bilko’ Williams, Sydney Red Bull X Fighters champ and X Games Big Air bronze medalist, Josh Sheehan, and the double back flipping X Games gold & silver Big Air medalist Cam Sinclair (AUS).
In a massive coup, skateboarding legend and the current gold medalist in X Games Skate Big Air, Bob Burnquist (BRA), will perform in his first Australian tour, and will be throwing down his biggest Mega Ramp tricks on the infamous 50 foot Nitro Giganta Ramp. 34 year old Burnquist is undeniably action sports royalty being one of only 4 athletes to compete in all 17 X Games and has the second-highest medal total in the event’s history, with 21. At the show in Las Vegas, Burnquist blew the crowd away with his array of tricks including the first ever “Christ Air” backflip off the Giganta.
The BMX field is once again packed with extraordinary talent including 13 time X Games medalist Chad Kagy (USA) along with a host of Australia’s best who are making waves on the international BMX circuit including double front flip innovator and X Games medalist, Andy Buckworth. James Foster (USA) will also join the tour and is aiming to make history by hucking the first ever triple back flip performed in Australia.
Other performers include:
– Jolene Van Vugt (CAN): Nitro Circus TV / movie star and the first female to back flip a motorcycle
– Erik Roner (USA): Nitro Circus TV / movie star and world-class extreme skier and BASE jumper
– Greg Powell aka ‘Special’ (USA): Nitro Circus TV / movie star and inventor of the insane BMX Body varial dubbed the ‘Special Flip’
– Gregg Godfrey (USA): Nitro Circus founder
– Jeremy Rawle (USA): Nitro Circus TV/ movie star known as Tenacious J
– Dusty Wygle (USA): Nitro Circus movie star and land bodyboard extraordinaire
– Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins (USA): Multiple X Games medalist and champion female skater
– Aaron ‘Wheelz’ Fotheringham (USA): Extreme wheelchair athlete and the first to perform back flips, double back flips and front flips off the Giganta
– Chris Haffey (USA): Gold medalist inline skater
– Clint Moore AUS): FMX Body varial innovator
– Jarryd McNeil (AUS): Two X Games medalist for Best Whip
– Jaie Toohey (AUS): First rider to perform a BMX back flip triple tail whip
– Steve Mini (AUS): FMX combination king
– Mark Monea (AUS): FMX front flipper
– Matt Whyatt (AUS): Top Australian BMXer
– Andrew Ahumada (AUS): Top Australian BMXer
Not only will all of the stars be performing the biggest tricks in their chosen disciplines, they will also be pushing their limits and skill on a range of crazy contraptions on the Nitro Gigant-A-Ramp.
“We have had nothing but positive feedback on the Nitro Circus Live tour and I am so excited about bringing it back to where it all began bigger and better in 2012,” said Managing Director of Global Action Sports, Michael Porra.
“We have put together an extraordinary lineup filled with absolute legends and the most exciting future stars of action sports. The progression and innovation coming out of these guys is phenomenal and their favourite place to push their limits is on the NCL tour, where they are spurred on by the insane crowds and healthy competitiveness of their Nitro family.
“Travis Pastrana and our creative team have been working hard on this new show, which blew the roof of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, so we can’t wait to bring it to Australia,” concluded Porra.
Since its worldwide debut in Australia in 2010, almost 300,000 tickets have been sold throughout Australia, New Zealand and Las Vegas, USA, resulting in $25 million in ticket sales. In the past 12 months it was the number 1 entertainment act to visit New Zealand, selling more tickets than huge international acts such as U2, and finished in the top 10 of all touring acts in Australia. Both tours also smashed all previous action sports tour records.
The global tour will coincide with the first 3D Nitro Circus feature film, which is due for release in early 2012. The movie, which will contain breathtaking and ground breaking stunts in 3D, is set to follow in the footsteps of the Jackass 3D movie, which has grossed over $120 million in ticket sales worldwide.
Tickets to the Australian tour are on sale now through ticketek.com.au. For more information visit www.nitrocircuslive.com