In work sites of every variety, edges are more common than people realise – and they may pose a greater risk than you’d expect.
Whether you’re laying roofing, traversing a beam, or simply working near the unprotected sides of an upper floor, falls over an edge are more hazardous than other falls.
Without protection designed for edges, traditional lifelines risk being severed and the force upon the worker in the event of a fall is significantly increased. Honeywell estimates as many as 80% of fall-protection users have applications in which a lifeline will come in contact with an edge in the event of a fall.
TurboLite Edge self-retracting lifelines (SRLs) are engineered to deliver the assurance expected from Honeywell Miller fall protection in a wide range of lengths with innovative features, including:
- Safe – models include an integral shock absorber to keep the lifeline intact in the event of a fall
- Versatile – can be connected at foot-level and above for workers up to 140kg
- Repairable – if one unit of a twin model is damaged, the product can be sent into Honeywell for replacement
- Compact and lightweight – reduce fatigue to increase productivity
- Simple – easy to install, easy to use
- Configurable – a wide range of working lengths featuring cable, web, and options with a variety of lifeline connectors
- Reduced fall clearance compared to a shock-absorbing lanyard
- Durability – high-impact nylon housing and abrasion-resistant webbing
- Superior mobility – integral swivel design increases worker mobility and prevents twisting
- Twin models available – provide for 100% tie-off connection.
There’s lots more information call customer service on 1300 139 166.
To learn more visit www.honeywellsafety.com