Tradies are always on the go and rely on their tools to get the job done. What would happen if those tools were stolen or damaged? It might be worth considering Portable Equipment Insurance – Tool Cover – to get that extra peace of mind.
What would you do if your tools were suddenly gone? Maybe stolen, or maybe lost to some accident or catastrophe? Would you have cash on hand to replace them?
Portable Equipment Insurance, also known as General Property Insurance or Tool Cover, ensures the tools necessary to make a living are covered and a tradie’s business is protected.
We should never forget the cost of purchasing our tools and what they mean for our revenue. Most of us don’t have the cash on hand to replace tools immediately if they are lost, stolen or even damaged, so the best way to make certain of not being left high and dry is to adequately insure your tools. By purchasing Tool Cover, tradies can move more freely knowing their equipment is covered.
Tool Cover covers for loss and damage to items of portable equipment associated with your business. These can include tools of trade and items of stock.
WHAT’S TYPICALLY COVERED*?
Usually a tradie will find Tool Cover will insure for loss or damage caused by:
• Fire, storm, water, explosion, impact or malicious damage
• Accidental damage
• Collision or overturning of the conveying vehicle
• Theft following forcible and violent entry to locked vehicles or locked buildings
• Theft of equipment securely attached to a vehicle through the use of locks or padlocks.
Specified portable equipment can include items such as:
• Mobile plant
• Photographic or video equipment
• Mobile communication equipment, including telephones and radios
• Electronic equipment, including computers, diaries and GPS units
• Accessories for the items listed above.
WHAT’S TYPICALLY NOT COVERED*?
Mostly tradies will find themselves without cover for loss or damage to por table equipment caused by:
• Wear, tear or gradually developing conditions
• Cracking, scratching, marring or breakage of glass or fragile items or surfaces
• Rust, oxidation, mildew, mould, moths, insects, vermin, dry rot, contamination or pollution
• Any process of heating, drying, cleaning, dyeing or alteration to any insured item
• Faulty materials or workmanship
• Theft by employee
• Unexplained inventory shortage.
FIND OUT MORE
BizCover can help with a lot more than just covering tools of course. Head to their website bizcover.com.au/bizsave or search #BizSave to find cost-effective cover * options for:
• Business Insurance
• Public Liability Insurance
• Personal Accident and Illness Insurance
• Other business-related insurance products.
In just a few clicks, BizCover can help you #BizSave by comparing multiple insurance quotes from some of Australia’s leading insurers. Get fast online cover with no paperwork in minutes. It’s perfect for tradies on the go.
At BizCover, choose your preferred insurance options and cover your business on the same day. Skip insurance brokers and get hassle-free cover online.
*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained in this article is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.